YAN Kwok-wing is both a qualified quantity surveyor and a practising barrister. After receiving an all-round training in quantity surveying practices, he specialized in handling construction contract claims and the provision of dispute resolution consultancy services for several years.
He commenced his legal career in August 2007
A Building, Civil Engineering and Piling Main Contractor (2000-2002) Assistant Quantity Surveyor –all ranges of quantities surveying practices including pre-contract and post-contract matters.
A Construction Claim Consultant (2002-2007) Consultant –responsible for provision of construction contractual advice, drafting of contractual/commercial documents, settlement of final account, preparation of expert report and claim submissions and provision of arbitration & litigation support to clients.
Pupil Barrister (August 2007 – February 2008) Under the supervision of Mr. Danny Choi and Mr. M. T. Yeung, who are both panel members of HKIAC and actively engaged in commercial litigation/arbitration (including cases relating to construction disputes).
Barrister-at-law (Since March 2008) Personally engaged to provide contractual/legal advice, settle commercial documents, pleadings and witness statements, appear before the court for interlocutory proceedings and acting as advocate in numerous court and arbitration hearings.
Tel: (+852) 2521-5544
Mobile: (+852) 9232-1250
Fax: (+852) 3520-9849
Called to the Bar: Hong Kong 2008
- Master of Laws (Chinese and Comparative Law) – LLM (Distinction) 2008-2011 City University of Hong Kong
- Master of Arts in Arbitration and Dispute Resolution – MA(ARBDR)2007-2008 City University of Hong Kong
- Postgraduate Certificate in Laws – PCLL (Credit) 2005-2007 City University of Hong Kong (Part-time)
- Bachelor of Laws - LLB2001-2004 The University of London External Programme (Part-time)
- Hong Kong Institute of Arbitrators Fellow Member – FHKIArb (2010)
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Associate Member – ACIArb (2002) MCIArb (2008)
- Chartered Institute of Building Corporate Member – MCIOB (2005)
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors Corporate Member – MRICS (2004)
- Bachelor of Science in Surveying - BSc(Surveying) 1997-2000 The University of Hong Kong
Alternative Dispute Resolution, Banking and Finance, Building and Construction, Company and Securities, Commercial and Contract, Criminal Defence and Prosecution, Disciplinary Proceedings, Employment and Labour, Family, Immigration, Insurance, Intellectual Property, Land, Personal Injury, Professional Negligence, Tort, Wills & Probate.